Christmas is coming and we are excited! We understand that this time of year can create extra stresses and burdens, so we want to share some tips with you to stay calm and in control this gift-giving season.
There can be distress and panic (not to mention lack of sleep and a huge credit card bill) associated with cooking up a Christmas feast that outdoes the previous years 5 Hour Glazed Ham and 1 000 Layer Trifle. Then there’s all the Christmas do’s that pop up in our calendars more frequently than Facebook’s birthday alerts. Ontop of this, we are expected to buy every relative, friend, colleague, associate and future potential business associate the ‘perfect gift.’ No wonder people get stressed around Christmas!
Before you start shopping, sit down in a peaceful space, make a cup of herbal tea, get our your notebook and start thinking about each gift recipient and the types of things they could want or need. You need to be present to choose a great present. Here’s some things to consider, to help you give the perfect gift:
– What milestones or achievements did they go through recently? Buying a house, studying, landing a new job, owning a new pet, recovering from an injury, finally getting a boyfriend?
– What topics have come up in conversations that you have shared? A love of art, gardening, food, sports or fashion perhaps?
– What hints have they dropped of things or experiences they would love to have or do, but would never get for themselves?
These are all good indicators of what sort of presents to buy, or at least are great starting points for where to look. Once you have thought about what type of gift you want to buy them, you can strategically plan which shops or online stores you need to visit.
If you are last-minute shopping, we recommend online stores with free express shipping (look no further, that’s us!!). Malls and shopping centres waste time and energy, not to mention trap you in congested car parks for hours, blast cheesy christmas carols and make you shop in something other than Ugg’s and trackies (sometimes).
Some great online stores to help with last minute Christmas gifts are:
– Caring Canary. We have a great range of gifts to suit men, women, new parents and babies, lovers, friends and much much more. We also have gifts to spoil those who might not be feeling very jolly this year, with a range of Get Well and Thinking of You gifts. We offer FREE express shipping around Australia until Christmas Eve, so don’t miss out on sending someone a meaningful, convenient and premium gift pack this Christmas. http://caringcanary.com.au/
– Paperbark Camp, Jervis Bay. Buy a Gift Voucher for a luxury camping experience, or for a dinner at the Award winning The Gunyah restaurant. In a few clicks of a mouse you will have a super special gift that anyone would feel truly spoilt to receive (and all you need it a printer, no wrapping necessary!). https://www.paperbarkcamp.com.au/
– Delish Deliveries. Like the sound of fresh produce that’s hand picked from the farm and delivered to you the same day? These guys are even delivering on Christmas Eve! Save yourself the time and stress of supermarket shopping and order all your ingredients for Christmas lunch online, it’s a no brainer. https://www.delishdeliveries.com.au/
We wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope that your holidays are full of special memories to last a lifetime. Merry Christmas. CC x