We recently found ourselves trawling Pintrest for hours, trying to source new ideas for a corporate order we were creating with a rather difficult brief. Then, out of the blue, a Pin that had 5 simple mantras for helping to deal with stress caught our eye. It was as if the universe knew exactly what we needed to see and hear at that particular moment. Suddenly, the ‘stress’ of trying to find the right product and packaging option for this particular order didn’t seem like the most stressful thing in the world. We now recite these mantras daily, with each one having particular relevance at certain times.
These affirmations help reduce our anxiety and stress levels, we hope you find them useful too:
- ALL SITUATIONS ARE TEMPORARY. We know that nothing lasts forever – plants die, hot cups of coffee go cold and cakes get eaten. Everything is always in a state of transition. Learn to be comfortable with change and transience.
- THERE IS NO WRONG DECISION. You can do all the PMI charting in the world, and can rationalise a decision until the cows come home. But sometimes, there is no wrong decision. Your decision is the right decision, so have confidence and move forward, don’t dwell on the ‘what if’s’ or ‘I should have’s…’
- I’VE SURVIVED ALL OF THE DIFFICULT MOMENTS OF MY PAST. When you look back and realise you’ve made it through the toughest moments of your life so far, there is no reason why you won’t make it through them again. As our beloved Frida Kahlo said “At the end of the day, you can endure much more than you think you can.”
- BE STILL AND PRESENT. Be present and try to cage “the monkey mind” from going in 1 000 different directions all the time. Find joy in that stillness, and really try to focus on the tiny details of that particular moment – how it makes your body feel, what it’s doing to your senses, and see if you can catch your mind and bring it back from wandering from that moment.
- I TRUST THE GUIDANCE OF THE UNIVERSE. Whatever your journey is was meant for you. You are experiencing it because you can handle it. Try to believe that a power greater than yourself is guiding your journey, even if you can’t make sense of it at the time. Repeat after us “I trust the guidance of the universe.” We’ll leave you with this quote:
“My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and what misses me was never meant for me.”
– Imam Al-Shafi’I, 8th Century Muslim jurist.
Picture Source: Pintrest
This blog was inspired by a post on Pintrest by THETRUTHPRACTICE.COM